Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Year Ago!

I can't believe it was a year ago that I arrived in Guatemala City, Guatemala to hold my little boy and prepare to go to the US Embassy on August 5. I can remember the excitement so well. After visiting twice I was so excited to get there and know I was bringing him home this time. It was a difficult time as there were/are many babies still stuck there in the process waiting to get home to their forever families. I am thankful I had a great agency in our process. From referral to bringing him home it was about 9.5 months waiting.

Here we are the morning of August 5, 2008, bright and early prepared to go the US Embassy for our special day, the adoption! This is what we call our Gotcha Day. I am not sure how we are going to spend it; probably some cake and icecream with the immediate family. Here he is almost a year later. He settled into our family with no issues at all. He is such a loving, cuddly, funny little boy. He has a great sense of humor for such a little guy. He has brought so much joy to our family. He has Daddy twisted around his finger and Nico and Brian love him immensely. Someone was looking out for all of us when he placed these three special boys in my arms!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Forever familia day!