Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another Busy Weekend

I have a lot of blog catching up to do this week. I am so far behind on reading all the blogs I follow.

This last week for us was busy, busy. After coming home from WI, we spent a day getting our out building (which was to be the schoolhouse), turned into a chicken coop. We went to pick up the chickens on Wednesday thinking we were only going to get 3 or 4 hens but when we got there she asked if we wanted them all. We were like sure, they're free, why not? Well, we found out there were 8 hens and 2 roosters. I didn't really want roosters, but we couldn't tell her no as they were free. They had been in their coop all day until we got there. Her two older boys were trying to get a system down to get one out of the coop at a time to load in the dog cage we had brought, when three chickens 'flew the coop'. It was fun watching them trying to catch these last three chickens as they went under the coop. They had to be bribed out with goodies. Eventually they were all caught and brought to their new home. We were curious to see how they would adjust and if they would start laying right away.....well, Thursday we ended up with 4 eggs. We were excited. Everyday since then we have gotten on average 3 eggs. I know they are not all laying yet, so we are anxious to see what happens when they all get going. My mom has already agreed to buy eggs off of us. I can't wait to get home tomorrow morning and have some for breakfast!

Nico and I have named all the chickens. Nico named the roosters Devastator and BlackOut (yep, Transformers names). I love it! We also have Penny, Millie, Chloe (the escape artist, but she flies back in), Marsha, Jan, and Cindy (these are our 3 reds), Bella and one left unnamed. Mike is suppose to name her, but keeps coming up with stupid names.

On Thursday, Nico, Luca, and I left for Tan-Tar-A resort on the Lake of the Ozarks. It was the MOGUAT weekend. This is a get together of families from Missouri and extended areas that have adopted children from Guatemala. It was so great to see so many families; some even came from Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Kansas. We had a great turnout. Nico had a blast this year playing with the kids his age and older. Luca pretty much stuck to mom, but some of the older girls just loved him and played with him on the couple of evenings when we had big get togethers.

We spent 2 full days out in the sun. The boys got nicely tanned and mom got nicely sun burnt. I didn't get burnt too bad as I had Nico put sunscreen on me Saturday so I wouldn't turn 'red like a cherry' as he says. I missed having Mike there, but it was a great time for me to have special time with my boys. Nico, especially, likes to have mom and Nico time. They both behaved SOOOOO well I am so proud of them. All the kids were great!!! They are all so adorable! We are truely blessed.

I will post pictures in a day or two of both of these exciting events!

No comments: