Monday, April 27, 2009

Vocabulary Explosion!

Luca has started using a few more words this week. 'shoe and eat' (I am surprised 'eat' wasn't his first word :-). He is also signing for water and saying 'wawa'. He also signs for milk. It is so cute! My baby is growing up.

He totally understands us when we talk to him. I tell him to get me his shoes, he trots off and comes back everytime with a matching pair!

He is quite the ham too. I wish I could figure out how to load the video on here from my dvd's so I could show everyone his cuteness.

Luca is really starting to get the language thing down. However, I just love listening to him 'babble' off a whole sentence that he surely understands, but we don't.

His newest words are ' yellow, balloon, night-night, and choo-choo train'. He is able to say NICO and also calls Nico 'Bu-bee' which is what Nico wants to be called by him. I just love the bond that these two rascals have.

Luca really tries to imitate the words we say to him. It is so funny because he will nod his little head when he says it and laugh. He is so proud of himself. He still only signs for 'more, please, and thank-you'.

He now imitates an elephant by making the nose and using his arm up to his face like a nose. He also imitates a chicken and duck. (Added to horse, cow, dog, and cat).

He is all about daddy and cries when Mike leaves without saying goodbye to him. Luca is such a loving little boy. He loves to give hugs and kisses. When I tell him to say 'night-night' to everyone he makes his rounds to everyone giving kisses (even the dog and cats if they are within range). Everytime he sees a helicopter he says, 'daddy!' (because daddy flies one at work).

I cannot imagine our life with out this bundle of joy. He has such a personality and knows he is a comedian.

Pictures and info about our spring break later this week.

1 comment:

Angie's blog said...

So glad to hear things are going well!!! The boys sound so bonded!!