Monday, January 4, 2010

Debbie's Daybook

This is something new I am going to try. It is "The Simple Women's Daybook" blog. It was started by Peggy.

I want to try to put some more thought into my days and memories, instead of just plugging along in a hurry all day.


The Simple Woman's Daybook will be posted each Monday.


FOR TODAY, January 4, 2010... from Debbie's Daybook


Outside my window… snow, ice, and very cold temperatures.


I am thinking... about some fun things to do with the kids on our last two days of Christmas vacation.


I am thankful for... my family and another wonderful holiday being all together.


I am wearing... jeans and a Rams sweatshirt…but would love to be in my comfy Sponge Bob jammies.


I am remembering... our first Christmas home with Luca last year and how much he has changed in the year.


I am going... to get some scrapbooking completed this week.


I am currently reading... The Weight of Silence, a novel, by Heather Gudenkauf


I am hoping... to bring the boys to see The Chipmunks, the Squeakqul.


On my mind... my oldest son Brian and how he is doing.


Noticing that... my house is a disaster from all the Christmas gatherings. I must get the tree down this week.


From the kitchen... planning on making ham and bean soup with the leftover ham bone.


Around the house... take the tree down, organize the downstairs closet, and get the new toys organized.


One of my favorite things~ my children!



From my picture journal...

Here we are, Luca (14 months in the picture) and myself, arriving in St. Louis from Guatemala, August 7, 2008. He was forever home! My family was there to greet us and meet our newest addition. What a memorable day. (Oh, how I miss those curls!)

No comments: