Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Fun and Halloween

Wow, I can't believe it is October already. I don't know where the year suddenly went. We have had a busy couple of weeks. My posts are going to be a bit out of order as last weekend we attended a wedding (at which the boys looked fabulous!), went to the pumpkin patch, and worked at our other house (which I have someone wanting to rent it - YAY!), all while trying to stay dry from the torrential rains we had, get our lessons finished each day, tend our chickens, clean house, and all the daily things going on. I am posting the pictures that I have edited first. This week it was preparing for Luca's first major haircut and Halloween. Luca and Nico at the pumpkin patch.
"Oh NO! It's a witch!"

Momma and her boy!

"I like this one!" said Luca. He loved the pumpkins.

Our family photo on the tractor going out to the pumpkin patch.

Photo editing on a cute picture of the boys in the pumpkin patch. Luca is loving the picture game.

I think I am going to use this photo for Nico's 3rd grade photo in his school scrapbook. He was so excited to go search for a pumpkin.
We ended up painting our pumpkins this year (at least for now). We just ran out of time to carve them. That is our plan for this next week. We want to carve them and try to make some homemade pumpkin bread, seeds, and pie.
Halloween falls on a Saturday this year. That means that mom has to work. Lucky for us Main Street St. Charles was hosting their trick-or-treat on Friday. We love going here as it is from 3pm-5pm in the afternoon. We walk up and down the street visiting all the cute stores and collecting candy. It is fun while it is light outside. I enjoy seeing all the costumes. I always try to dress up too. This year I just added a little something. We received great comments on our costumes.

Luca did so good. He walked on his own and carried his own bucket of candy. He kept saying, "MINE!" He learned how to say "Trick-or-treat" while watching Dora's Halloween on video in the van. He also said, "AARGH" so darn cute. I have it on video this year. Nico had fun scaring a few little kids. We try to be creepy each year, to me that's what it is all about. The creepier the better.

The Grim Reaper. (I loved the eyes rolled back).

Captain Jack Sparrow when he was 2 years old. TOOO CUTE he was. "AARRGH!"


Well, that's it for now. I must get to bed. I'll post photos from the wedding and Luca's haircut soon. He looks amazing!









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT FUN!!!! i love your costumes too!

vaneblu said...

I LOVE THOSE COSTUMES!!!