Sunday, November 1, 2009

Brian's Upcoming Surgery


Brian's jaw reconstruction is occurring this week. Please keep him in your prayers as Thursday and the days following approach. He will be in ICU for at least one night and hospitalized for about 3-4 days.

I have every confidence all will go well. Brian is so much stronger than he used to be. I asked him the other day if he was nervous about it. His words, "What's there to be nervous about?" "I am ready." He is so much braver than I would ever be. He has been through so much in his 17 years, that this is one positive hurdle we have been waiting for.

I already warned him pictures would be taken. I promised I wouldn't take any pictures right after the surgery, but would wait a day or so. We are excited about the outcome and I am hoping I can be one of the first to take him out to eat when the jaw is all healed to see him take his first 'real' bite of food.

To read more about why Brian is having surgery check out my other blog www.lifewithcms.blogspot.com
There is some history there of Brian. I have yet to update and put more of the last 17 years on there, but it is a start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for your sweeet boy!!! HUGS

vaneblu said...

I will pray for him and a quick recovery!