I have been so busy with the beautiful weather and getting ready for vacation that I have forgotten to post my blogger award I received. I have received the "Kreativ" Blog Award from http://lifeafter18seconds.blogspot.com This family has a beautiful daughter adopted from China. I love following blogs of other adoptive families.
So here are the rules for the "Kreativ" Blog award:
Thank the person who nominated you.
Copy and paste the logo on your blog.
Link the nominator on your blog.
Name seven things about yourself.
Nominate seven "kreativ bloggers".
Post links to the nominated blogs.
Leave a comment on each of the blogs.
Okay, so the 7 things about myself: 1. I can be very stubborn and very independent. Since getting divorced 15 years ago I became a stronger, more independent person. I think this is a good thing for me as I was always very shy. I love my life now and where I am at in it.
2. I love children. I would have a houseful if I could. I am so thankful to have my three boys through adoption and to have been able to adopt two of them by myself. They bring all the joy I need.
3. I enjoy the outdoors. We recently moved to the country and I could not be happier than just sitting on my front porch watching my boys run around the yard or looking for frogs by the pond. The quiet of the country is one of the many things I love.
4. I am so happy I have found my soul mate and love of my life via internet dating. I never thought I would try internet dating and my mom was scared for me when I told her about it. However, I never would have met Mike if I had not done it. We have so much in common in our likes, dislikes, and beliefs. He is a super dad to the boys. I cannot get over how he is so taken with them and supported me so much in the second Guatemalan adoption.
5. I love roller coasters but can't ride them because they upset my stomach too bad. However, I love watching my family get off the rides and seeing the thrill on their faces from the rush they get. I can stand in line and wait for them all day as long as they are enjoying themselves and not fighting. :-)
6. I love camping. I am so glad we were able to inherit a motor home and Mike is fantastic about getting everything working so we can use it.
7. I am thankful I have a good job, especially in today's economy. They just had a layoff at work and I made the cut to keep my job. I no longer complain about going to work and am more willint to put in some overtime. I know that the job could be gone at any moment.
Have fun visiting the following "Kreativ" blogs.
www.guatemala-leslie.blogspot.com. Leslie's blog is so cute. Her posts are short and sweet and her children are beautiful.
kellyskornerblog.com. Kelly's blog has several blog hops. This week is recipes! Yummy. She also went through a trial of trying to get pregnant and finally had a beautiful daughter who spent quite a while in the hospital after birth. She is adorable!
avianareese.blogspot.com. Sweet Aviana was hit by a car as she and her grandpa were crossing the street. My heart goes out to her parents as her mom is so open about everything and Aviana is such a fighter. She is home and her parents are now able to give her the undivided attention and love she can only get at home.
My name is Debbie. I am married to Mike and the mom to three wonderful boys Brian, 24 yr, Nico, 14yo, and Luca 9. This blog started during the adoption journey of Luca, who came home in 2008. Brian was adopted from the US in 1992 and Nico was adopted from Guatemala in 2003. I live in Troy, Missouri. We also have a dog, 3 spoiled cats, and a flock of chickens. We are a homeschooling family. I love all the precious time with my children. I am adding additional blogs as our lives change. I started a blog detailing Brian's condition, congenital myasthenia, to help others. I am now starting a blog to document our homeschooling years. While I plan now (2016) to try to keep up with the other blogs I am also adding Wildtree!
February 21, 2007 signed with agency, COTW. February 21, 2006 mailed documents off to Luthern Family Services to start the homestudy May 23, 2007, unknown to us, Baby King - named Jose Miguel was born. October 2007, Homestudy completed and sent to BCIS October 18, 2007 received 171H in the mail and faxed to COTW. October 18, 2007 (2 hours after faxing 171H to agency) received referral of beautiful Jose Miguel October 24, 2007 POA and dossier to Guatemala Paperwork in translation. November 19, 2007 DNA taken Novvember 26, 2007 DNA complete November 27, 2007 Found out the case is in family court November 29, 2007 DNA shipped to Guatemala December 3, 2007, DNA arrived at Guatemala (in Pre-Approval) December 26, 2007, entered PGN (without PA, but wanted to get 2007 date on paperwork) January 19, 2008 Pre-Approval received, 46 days February 12, 2008 Approval from Central Authority February 19, 2008 Put back in PGN March sometime: Kickout for medical update on Luca March 24, 2008 Back in PGN (Holy Week had PGN closed) PGN shut down for a month through May to conduct birthmother interviews. Birthmother interview, May 16, 2008 PGN OUT! June 5, 2008 BC previo from Guatemala City RENAP, June 20, 2008 BC Resubmit, June 23, 2008 NEW BC July 10, 2008 Passport July 11, 2008 2nd DNA taken July 16, 2008 2nd DNA results to Embassy July 28, 2008 PINK July 29, 2008 Embassy appt August 5, 2008 Home at last August 7, 2008